Servings: 24Prep Time: 10 minutes Cook Time: 50 minutes
• 1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin puree
• 4 eggs
• 1 cup vegetable oil
• 2/3 cup water
• 2 cups white sugar
• 1/2 cup brown sugar
• 3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
• 2 teaspoons baking soda
• 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
• 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
• 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
• 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
• 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
Original Recipe Yield 3 – 7×3 inch loaf pans
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour three 7×3 inch loaf pans.
2. In a large bowl, mix together pumpkin puree, eggs, oil, water and sugar until well blended. In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves and ginger. Stir the dry ingredients into the pumpkin mixture until just blended. Pour into the prepared pans.
3. Bake for about 50 minutes in the preheated oven. Loaves are done when toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
I make this in 2 large bread pans, filling 3/4 full and then using the rest to make mini-muffins. If you make it in large pans you’ll need to adjust the baking time, adding 10 or more minutes depending on your oven.
Categories: Breads, Fruit Breads, Kid-Friendly
Submitted by: kellyb on November 11, 2010
Add Your Thoughts
You must be logged in to post a comment.