Servings: 8Cook Time: 3 hours in oven, all day in slow cooker
2 lb. beef cubes
2 cups carrots, sliced
2 cups potatoes, diced
2 medium onions, sliced
1 cup celery, chopped
1 1/2 cups green beans
2 tsp. quick cooking tapioca
1 Tbsp. salt
1/2 tsp. pepper
1 8 oz. can tomato sauce
1 cup water
1 Tbsp. brown sugar
1. Place raw beef cubes (do not brown) in a single layer in a 2 1/2 quart casserole or roast pan.
2. Add vegetables and/or any others you desire.
3. Sprinkle tapioca, salt, and pepper over top. Pour tomato sauce mixed with water over vegetables and seasonings.
4. Crumble brown sugar over all.
5. Cover tightly and do not peep! Bake at 325 degrees for 3 hours.
Variations: Stew may be made in a slow cooker.
Submitted by: edgewaterfarm on January 17, 2011