Servings: 40 piecesPrep Time: 30 min Cook Time: 10 min
1/2 cup butter,
1 cup packed light brown sugar or dark brown sugar,
2 cups chocolate chips,
1 cup chopped pecans (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 400 F degrees.
2. Place the crackers side by side in a foil-lined jelly-roll pan (I spray the foil with non-stick spray).
3. Combine the butter and brown sugar in saucepan.
4. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly.
5. Cook for 3 minutes.
6. Pour the mixture over the crackers.
7. Bake 5 minutes.
8. Sprinkle the chocolate chips over the baked crackers.
9. Let stand 5 minutes then spread the melted chocolate over the top.
10. Sprinkle with nuts if desired.
11. Chill in the refrigerator until set.
12. Invert onto a flat surface; remove the foil and break into pieces.
13. Store, covered in an airtight container in refrigerator.
14. Note: You can skip the chocolate chips- it’s still delicious.
Submitted by: prayingpup on October 8, 2010