Servings: 30-36Prep Time: 20 minutes Cook Time: 10-12 minutes
3/4 cup shortening
1 cup white sugar
2 tablespoons milk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 1/4 cups all purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup pecans, chopped
1 cup dates, pitted and chopped
1/3 cup maraschino cherries,chopped
2 1/2 cups crushed cornflakes cereal
10 maraschino cherries, quartered
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Lightly grease baking sheets.
2. Cream the shortening with the sugar. Blend in the eggs, milk and vanilla.
3. Sift together the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Add the flour mixture to the creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in the chopped pecans,chopped dates and 1/3 cup chopped maraschino cherries.
4. Shape teaspoonful sized chunks of dough into balls. Roll each ball in the crushed corn flakes. Place the balls on the prepared baking sheets and top each cookie with 1/4 maraschino cherry.
5. Bake at 375 degrees F for 10 to 12 minutes. Let cool completely before storing in airtight containers.
Tags: Christmas Cookie
Submitted by: mommafox on November 29, 2010