Servings: Varies by serving size preference
3/4 cup cocoa (my preference is Hershey’s, but it probably doesn’t matter which brand)
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
2/3 cup vegetable oil, divided
1/2 cup boiling water
2 cups sugar (I only use 1 1/4 cups, but then I always cut back on sugar in any recipe)
1 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 cups 10X sugar
3 tablespoons butter or margarine, softened
2 tablespoons plus 2 teaspoons milk
1/2 teaspoon peppermint extract
Green (or other) food coloring, optional
1. Stir cocoa and baking soda in medium-size mixing bowl.
2. Blend in 1/3 cup vegetable oil.
3. Add boiling water; stir until mixture thickens.
4. Stir in sugar, eggs and remaining 1/3 cup vegetable oil; stir until smooth.
5. Add flour, vanilla and salt, blend completely.
6. Pour into lightly greased 13 x 9-inch pan, and bake at 350 degrees for 30-35 minutes. Cool; frost, if desired.
Beat ingredients together in small mixing bowl; add food coloring preference, if desired, to tint frosting. Spread over cooled brownies and ‘let set’ before cutting brownies. NOTE: Use milk-free stick margarine and Lactaid milk for lactose-free frosting.
Submitted by: maybeth on March 26, 2012