Servings: 5 loavesPrep Time: 1 hr Cook Time: 1 hr
2 lbs pitted dates
1/2 lb candied green cherries
1/2 lb candied red cherries
1/2 lb candied pineapple
1 lb brazil nuts
1 lb pecan halves
1/2 lb candied orange peel (or citron)
1-1/2 cup flour
1-1/2 cup sugar
1 t baking powder
1 pinch salt
1 ounce rum
1. Preheat oven to 325.
2. Halve the dates and cherries. Add pineapple and orange peel and rum. Let soak for 30 minutes.
3. Add nuts and stir until evenly distributed.
4. Sift flour, sugar, baking powder and salt together and sprinkle over fruit and nut mixture coating all pieces.
5. Beat eggs until lemon-colored and pour over other ingredients until all pieces are wet and no dry flour remains.
6. Grease 5 – 3×6 mini loaf pans and line bottom with parchment paper and grease that as well – this mixture is extremely sticky. Press fruitcake mixture into pans and bake in 325 oven for 1 hour – remove and allow to cool.
7. May be easier to remove from pans while still slightly warm. Also you can brush daily with rum for 3 or 4 days before serving. Wrap in wax paper or plastic wrap.
Categories: Fruit Breads
Submitted by: bubbashome on January 11, 2011
Add Your Thoughts
You must be logged in to post a comment.