1 head of cabbage
1/2 lb. bacon
fresh ground pepper
Caribbean Jerk seasoning (optional)
1. Chop 1 head of cabbage and rinse with water.
2. While cabbage is draining, fry 1/2 lb. of bacon until done. I prefer hickory smoked.
3. Take bacon out of skillet, and add chopped cabbage to the skillet with the bacon grease.
4. Add salt, fresh ground pepper, paprika and garlic powder. You can also add a little Caribbean Jerk spice….it is great!
5. Cut bacon into desirable sized pieces and add back to cabbage in skillet.
6. Cook until done. Some of the cabbage will have a caramelized look.
Submitted by: hhefner on May 24, 2011