Servings: 10 half pintsPrep Time: 2 mins Cook Time: 15 mins, including BWB
5 c. fresh figs
1 1/2 c. lemon juice
8 c. sugar
1 package low-sugar Sure-Jel
1) Wash fruit, cut in half. Cover with water. Bring to boil and cook until tender – drain in colander lined with cheesecloth or coffee filter.
2) Reserve fruit for jam.
3) Bring 4 cups liquid from figs to boil with 1 1/2 cups lemon juice and pectin.
4) Bring to a rolling boil, then add sugar – stir constantly.
5) Bring to boil again and boil 1 minute.
6) Ladle hot jelly into hot jars. Process in a boiling water bath 10 minutes.
Submitted by: littlebird on June 15, 2012