Servings: 10Prep Time: 45 minutes Cook Time: 1 hour
4 cups flour
8 teaspoons baking powder
2 teaspoon salt
4 teaspoons sugar
8 tablespoons Crisco
1 1/2 cup milk
1 lb lean hamburger
1 lb sausage
1. For blankets: Mix flour, baking powder, salt and sugar together. Cut in shortening. Add milk. Mix into a dough.
2. Roll out part of the dough thinly into a rectangle. Cut into 3×4 rectangles.
3. For pigs: Mix meat together with seasonings. Make small sausages out of the meat – about 3-4 tablespoons worth.
4. Place one sausage on each rectangle. Roll up ends first, then sides. Seal with milk.
5. Place in 9×13 pan side by side. Brush tops with milk. Continue until all dough is used.
6. Bake at 350 degrees for one hour. Can be frozen. Serve with ketchup and mustard.
Categories: Beef, Kid-Friendly, Main Dish, Other Main Dish, Pork
Submitted by: farmkat on June 8, 2011
Add Your Thoughts
You must be logged in to post a comment.