Servings: 8 or morePrep Time: 8 minutes Cook Time: 45
4.5 Cups chopped vegetables (I like to use whatever I have around that needs to be cooked, last time I made it I used eggplant, squash, zucchini, and corn)
5 tbs melted butter
1 can cream of mushroom soup
3/4 cup flour
3/4 cup corn meal
1/2 tsp salt
3/4 tsp pepper
a dash (or two) of garlic powder
1 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp cream of tartar
2 tbs sugar
1 cup shredded cheese
1/2 cup plain yogurt (can substitute with a smaller amount of milk)
1/4 cup milk
1. Mix the vegetables, butter, and cream of mushroom soup.
2. Add the eggs and stir until fully combined.
3. Add the four, corn meal, salt, pepper, garlic powder, baking powder, cream of tartar, and sugar. Stir to mix well.
4. One at a time, mix in the shredded cheese, yogurt, and milk.
5. Pour into baking dish (a large cast iron skillet works great)
6. Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes.
7. Let sit for 10 minutes before serving.
-It is best to chop the vegetables on the small side, since they are not cooked ahead of time. If they are too large they will not be tender when the casserole is finished.
Submitted by: fmcdaniel on August 17, 2010