Servings: 4 more or lessPrep Time: 30 mins Cook Time: 15 mins
1 12 oz package any type of smaller, thinner pasta such as spaghetti or fusilli (but not giant shells!)
2 tablespoons olive oil (or more to taste)
1 cup of rough chopped and washed herbs
½ cup chopped walnuts (or the nut of your choice)
¼ cup Parmesan cheese (I like shaved but use your favorite)
Cook the pasta according to package directions. When finished, you may save the pasta in the frig until later. (In the summer I cook the pasta early in the morning then refrigerate it when I don’t want to heat up the kitchen more during the hottest part of the day!)
Heat the olive oil in a large nonstick skillet on medium heat. When the oil is hot, add the herbs, walnuts and pasta stirring frequently until all is hot.
Remove skillet from burner and scoop out a serving onto a plate. Add the Parmesan cheese on top.
That’s it! Yum!
1) Leave off the nuts and add chopped, cooked bacon.
2) Use different cheese such as goat cheese or another shredded cheese.
3) Use a different oil such as walnut or grape seed or make your own flavored oil.
4) Mix in a cup or two of your favorite veggies.
5) Leave out the cheese and its vegan.
Submitted by: lavendergardencottage on June 5, 2010