Servings: 8Prep Time: 10 minutes Cook Time: 35 minutes
3 cups frozen shredded hash browns
1 small can of fried onions
cheddar cheese (I measure by handfuls)
4-6 (depending on size) cooked chicken breasts, shredded
1 can 98% fat-free condensed cream of chicken soup
3/4 cup skim milk
1 can low sodium corn
1/2 to 3/4 cup frozen sweet peas
salt to taste
1. Preheat your oven to 375 degrees.
2. Liberally grease (I use pan spray) a 9×13 baking dish and spread the hash browns in it. Then add the onions and toss.
3. Spread about two handfuls of shredded cheddar cheese on top of the onion/hash brown mix. More if you like!
4. Spread the chicken on top of the cheese and sprinkle with seasoning. I use Cavender’s but Lawry’s, Montreal Chicken, or even just salt and pepper would be fine.
5. Combine soup, milk, corn, and peas then pour that mixture over the top of your 9×13 pan and spread it around. I place the dish on a cookie sheet before putting it in the oven, but I’ve never had it boil over.
6. Bake for 30 minutes and then remove from oven. Add another handful of cheese on top and put it back into the oven for 3 minutes, or until the cheese melts.
Submitted by: sunshinemom on May 6, 2010