Servings: 20 to 40 depends on ball size
1 (18.25 oz) Cake mix (or at least a 9×13 pan of homemade cake)
1 16 oz container of frosting
Chocolate to coat the cake balls
1. Bake the cake according to instructions. I made a yellow cake.
2. Let the cake cool for about 30 minutes and then break it apart into little pieces.
3. Mix in container of frosting until well blended. I used strawberries and cream.
4. Refrigerate the blended mix for at least 3 hours (overnight is good).
5. Scoop some cake mix and roll into a bite size ball – like making meatballs.
6. Freeze the cake balls until solid.
7. Melt the chocolate.
8. Use a toothpick to pick up the balls and coat them with the chocolate and place them on wax paper to dry.
9. Melt another color of chocolate and drizzle over the cake balls.
Tags: Christmas Cookie
Submitted by: sandycwv on December 6, 2010